Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Must be Tuesday

What a mighty fine life I live. I have that thought several times a week, but today, just now, it came to me again.

Rather ordinary day, honestly. Slept until I woke up, around 7 a.m., to the voice of Jim Dale narrating the final moments in the life of the Boy Who Lived. Made a couple of cups of tea and ate half a banana, bemoaned the need to climb out from under our incredibly heavy pile of deliciously warm quilts (it is a cold snap, after all), but did so anyway. Climbed the stairs, pushed play...today was Agility X, and Tony Horton was in rare form. Hilarious. Day 2 of P90X3 as much fun as day 1.

Came downstairs to fry some bacon, brown leftover sweet potatoes, fry a couple of eggs. Add some raspberries and blueberries, and half a blood orange. Time to shower and enjoy my leisure. I returned to my project from yesterday for a while, blogged on my business blog (So. Many. Blogs.), then settled in for lunch. Mustard chicken (yum!) and a salad. Really wanted a cookie, so I had dried mango and another cup of tea, and opened a new book. Jayne Ann Krentz's new book River Road hit my nook this morning from my months-ago preorder. It was a nice entertaining mystery for a cold afternoon.

In the middle of my book, I got a random text from Dennis...with Darth Vader. Of course.


"Met Luke's father," he said.

Now I get to return to my project, or another project, or still another project...no shortage. Tonight I will meet with a few of my favorite women to plan our beach retreat for next month. I am going to enjoy a nice cup of venison chili before I go. And bundle up.

A mighty fine life, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment