Friday, June 26, 2009

My birthday is fast approaching

I have arrived (nearly) at the end of the year where my age was the answer to the ultimate question in life. It was definitely an amazing year! I watched a child turn 16, a young woman (I don't think I can call her a child anymore) turn 20, my husband retire after serving his country for 22 years (and 8 days), and saw a 23rd wedding anniversary come and go. I began a new job with a great group of coworkers who humble me with their witnesses every day. I got to know a group of young people who are bright, curious, and funny, and began developing a relationship with them that I hope lasts for eternity.

So, to new adventures in the coming year...a graduation, a wedding, a new start for my firstborn. New staff in our school. New college courses for my younger daughter. And probably a flying RV-10 in the family! Here's to forty-three...

No comments:

Post a Comment