Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Community

I am in awe when I consider the community of peers I have stumbled upon in my new(ish) work situation. Not only is it humbling to realize what spiritual warriors they are, and comforting to know that they lift me and my needs before the Throne of Grace regularly, it is also challenging to recognize the strength of mind, character and diversity of interests they represent. They are called to this work with purpose, filled with joy abounding, and demonstrate love for me and for one another without ceasing.

We grumble, yes. We moan over the chaos, the paperwork, the deadlines. There is some eye-rolling, some modicum of heavy sighs. But through it, despite it, and perhaps because of it, there is community.

I love the scripture from Hebrews 12 about being surrounded by a cloud of witnesses. It is because of that cloud that we should run the race marked especially for us with perseverance. With Christ as both our Finish Line and our Prize, we witness each other's races. We bring encouragement to each other's lives.

Community challenges. Community cheers. Community creates a renewal of spirit, a rededication to the purpose, passion and plan for our lives, and a reawakening to the Voice that calls us through the valleys--and up the hills!--of our races.

"Let us fix our eyes upon Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, honey. Didn't realize you'd entered the world of blogging. Welcome! Like you, I can't believe you've waited this long - Though the time you did Blissbound was sort of like blogging, wasn't it? I've always loved to read the things you write. I know your musings will make a wonderful contribution to the blogosphere. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete